2021 New York State
Boys' Junior Golf Championship
Seven Oaks Golf Club (Hamilton) | July 27-28
- Gender: Players must be male.
- Membership: Players must be either (1) a resident of New York State or (2) belong to an NYSGA member club or an NYSGA eClub (NYS residency required of eClub members).
- Age: Players must be at least 15 years old but not older than 18 years old as of July 28, 2021.
- USGA Handicap Index: Players must have an up-to-date USGA Handicap Index. Juniors can get one free by joining an NYSGA eClub.
- Entries: All players must register online prior to the established deadline (see below). Entries by mail or fax will not be accepted. A player may only submit one entry. Any player found to have submitted more than one entry may be subject to disqualification.
- Qualifying: Is required of all non-exempt players in the Boys' 15-18 division.
- Fee: This championship utilizes a two-tiered entry fee, with a total fee of $150.
- Qualifying Fee: $0
- Championship Fee: $150, charged to players who either (1) advance through qualifying or (2) are exempt.
- Deadline: Entries must be received prior to the deadline (5PM EST on Wenesday, June 23, 2021). Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of the reason.
- Refund Policy: A portion of the entry fee, based on the schedule below, will be refunded regardless of reason if the NYSGA is notified (315-471-6979 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org): Prior to Deadline: Entry fee less $20. After the Deadline: Entry fee less $50.
FORMAT, DIVISIONS, & TIES
- Format: 36 holes of individual stroke play.
- Cut: There is no cut.
- Age Groups: In addition to competing for prizes in the overall Championship, players will also compete within the following age divisions: 15, 16, 17, and 18.
- Schedule: The tentative schedule of events is listed below.
- Monday, July 26 // Practice Rounds
- Tuesday, July 27 // Round 1 (PM Tee Times - 18 Holes)
- Wednesday, July 28 // Round 2 (AM Tee Ties - 18 Holes)
- Ties: The player with the lowest score for 36 holes will be the champion. In the event of a tie for winner of the Championship, a sudden-death playoff will be held immediately following play. If there is a tie for the winner in the Age Groups, the tie will be broken using the USGA's method of matching scorecards.
SECTIONAL QUALIFYING SCHEDULE
All non-exempt players must qualify in order to earn a spot in this championship. Once entries close, the number of qualifying spots available per qualifying site will be available and posted.
- Albany* | Colonie G&CC | July 6
- Binghamton* | Links at Hiawatha | July 4
- Buffalo | Sheridan Park | July 13
- Elmira* | Elmira CC | July 11
- Finger Lakes* | Wayne Hills CC | July 11
- Jamestown* | Moon Brook CC | June 28
- Long Island* | Bethpage (Course TBA) | July 1
- Mid Hudson* | Red Hook GC | June 28
- N. Country* | Malone - East | July 10
- Rochester* | Mendon GC | July 19
- Syracuse* | Lakeshore Yacht & CC | July 2
- Utica/Rome* | Yahnundasis GC | July 9
- Watertown* | Watertown GC | July 3
*DUAL QUALIFIER (NYS MEN'S AMATEUR)
A dual qualifier allows boys (ages 15-18) to qualify for both the NYS Men's Amateur & Junior Amateur Championship at the same time. To dual qualify, an entrant must register for both championships separately and select the same qualifying site. Dual qualifiers will not be permitted to use a motorized golf cart or a caddie.
Players in the following categories are exempt into the 2021 Championship. The NYSGA reserves the right to revise any of the exemption categories. Exempt players must submit an entry prior to the deadline (5PM EST on Wednesday, June 23, 2021).
- E1. From the 2019 NYS Boys’ 18U Junior Amateur Championship, the 10 lowest scorers and anyone tied for 10th place.
- E2. From the 2019 NYS Boys’ 14U Junior Amateur Championship, the 5 lowest scorers and anyone tied for 5th place.
E3. From the 2021 NYSPHSAA Boys' Golf Championship, the 5 lowest scorers and anyone tied for 5th place.
- E4. Most recent (as of July 26, 2021) winner of the following regional events:
- NYS PGA Junior Championship
- PGA Junior Championship Qualifiers (WNY, CNY, NENY, MET PGA Sections)
- International Junior Masters
- SDGA Junior Classic
- BDGA Junior Stroke Play Championship
- RDGA Junior Championship
- LIGA Junior Championship
- Met Junior Championship
- LIGA - TBA
- WGA - TBA
- TCGA - TBA
- E5. Qualifiers for USGA Championships
- E6. Players ranked in the top-1000 of the Rolex American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) Rankings
- E7. Players ranked in the top-1000 of the Junior Golf Scoreboard
- E8. Special exemptions as selected by the NYSGA
- Requests for a special exemption may be emailed, along with a tournament resume (click here for a template resume), to Dan Mort (email@example.com) by 5PM EST on June 16
CADDIES AND GOLF CARTS
The use of a caddie is permitted for qualifying only (must not be a parent) and motorized golf carts are prohibited for all rounds. Push carts are permitted.
INFORMATION & PAIRINGS
Complete Championship details, including information about pairings, starting times, and yardages played, will be emailed to players and posted on this website after entries close.
For a complete listing of NYSGA Championship Policies and Procedures, click here.
NYSGA CONTACT INFORMATION
CONDITIONS; TERMS; SCHEDULES
The NYSGA reserves the right to amend any of the conditions, terms, or schedules published for this Championship. The decision of the NYSGA in any matter will be final.
To view past results for these Championships, click here.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
Thank you to our valued sponsors! Their support of the NYSGA and our member golf community helps us strengthen our services, member benefits and overall tournament experience.
For more information, click here.